Tuesday, May 17, 2011

All May 18th games have been postponed, will be rescheduled for August 10, 2011

"Good morning everyone,
I wish I had better news.
Based on reports from staff of standing water on grass fields and mushy infields, and the forecast for rain beginning early this afternoon and continuing overnight and through the day tomorrow, the fields will be closed tonight and tomorrow night as well. We will re-evaluate the fields on Thursday morning and determine a plan from there.
I would like to remind user groups that we will have staff monitoring the fields in the evenings. Playing when the fields are in this condition can cause damage that will last for months if not the whole season. If fields are damaged due to play in poor weather they may need to remain closed for an extended period of time.
Thanks,
Martin"

Martin Barrow
Facility Allocations Coordinator
Recreation Services, Town of Markham

No comments:

Post a Comment